Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Welcome to the official blog for Indian View Baptist Church!!



To start things off, here is some background information of Indian View Baptist Church.

Since its construction in 1942, the Indian View Baptist Church has been the central hub of the Upper Mattaponi people. Prior to the church's construction in 1942, the Upper Mattaponi worshipped in the old school building which was behind the existing school building that was built in 1919. Prior to that they worshipped with the neighboring Mattaponis and Pamunkeys.

Source: http://www.uppermattaponi.org/indianview.shtml

*****
This blog will be dedicated to provide current information and news on the church. It will be a great tool for everyone to access information about the church easily and also a great way for our church to expand in membership.

******
On August 5th, Indian View held their annual Homecoming Revival. It was a huge success filled with worship, food, and fun. If you missed it this year be sure to come next year, always on the first Sunday every August.

Pictures were taken of the event by Lee Lovelace and Jean Makela

































Be sure to check back soon to see more news of the church and see more pictures from events this year.

Sunday School is at 10:30 a.m. Sundays
Worship service is at 11:00 a.m. Sundays


-Lee Lovelace

4 comments:

clarence said...

I LIKE THE WEBSITE THOUGH SOME PICTURES SHOULD BE ELIMINATED
NICE JOB LEE

CLARENCE

Lee Lovelace - Artist - Upper Mattaponi Tribe said...

hahah....I'm guessing you don't like the picture with you and the deserts, Clarence?

C. Johnson said...

Dear Indian View Baptist Chruch,

I just wanted to share a few words, well, more like alot.

I love meeting new people and sharing about what Christ is doing in my life. As a child, I had always wanted to be a Missionary. However, I wasted most of my adult life as a drug addict. I have been clean and sober 4 years. Praise the Lord!

Jerry De Oliveira, the Executive Director of Koinonia Development Center was my Pastor when I was an adolescent in the 70's. The Lord made our paths cross again in April 2005. He shared with me about KDC and after my first Missions trip to Brazil, I knew that I knew that this is where the Lord wanted me to serve. The Lord has been preparing me spiritually and emotionally to serve Him.

In July 2007, I met Pastor Ken and Jean, I know it was no accident. I went to have lunch with some friends after church one Sunday at the Cold Harbor Restaurant in Mechanicsville and we all ended up having lunch together.

They invited me to the Revival, 8/07, and I said I would go. I had really been looking forward to it. I know He led me to your church for a reason, though I still didn't know why.

When I went to the service and I witnessed that the Youth were volunteering to pray for others, that really touched my heart. I knew Indian View was a church filled with Prayer Warriors.

I know that through Prayer, the Lord provides ALL our needs.

I never know why the Lord places people in my path. In time, He shows Himself. For Indian View, YOU are MY PRAYER WARRIORS. I Praise the Lord for you and your support in Prayer. Through your Prayers, He has kept blessing after blessing flow in and meet my needs while in Brazil.

Please keep on praying for the ministry in Brazil. This is a beginning reaching out to the children that are abandoned.

I can only travel into Brazil for 6 months at a time. Pray the Lord will send the volunteers and workers to carry on when I have to return. Pray the Lord will send the children so that they can hear about Jesus.

When the heart of one child can be touched then they will go and tell others and more will come. We may not reach all 8 million children but one at a time. For His Honor and His Glory!

I love you, Indian View Baptist Church.

Sincerely,
Cristina Johnson
psalm981cj@sbcglobal.net

clarence said...

DID ANY ONE TAKE PICTURES OF THE BAPTISM SERVICE
CLARENCE